Home Forums The Smoking Room Earthquake

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  briscoe999 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Just heard about the big earthquake on the South Island. Hope UH and any other fellow gamers are okay!

Der Ringkrieg - My German fan page on the War of Ring
    Maps & More - Making Maps for a Living

Addum
    Addum
    Participant

Thoughts are with the families affected. I hope all is well at the EOG.

Adam

CK Lai
    Participant

Yes. The news said parts of the South Island were cut off. No electricity, etc.

Do pray all is well there.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Really appreciate the kind thoughts lads. I’m fine. We had a bit of a scare – we woke up and got under a table and the shaking, while not severe, seemed to go on and on; then we packed up the cats and drove to high ground (we’re right on the water). So very little sleep that night! Small aftershocks all throughout yesterday. Seems to be calming down now thankfully.

Universal Head Grand Master of the Esoteric Order of Gamers

The8thPagan
    Participant

Oh dear! Is Mount Doom rumbling? Has Sauron awoken? Is the Shire in danger? Ian McKellen is on his way 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t know about that but I do have Warriors of Middle-Earth and the new limited edition board and rulebook on the way!

The8thPagan
    Participant

Already got Warriors, in fact I had it twice due to shipping error, but returned the extra.

Wasn’t aware of board and rules until you mentioned it, but not sure I can justify cost of another game to add to a game I’ve only had chance to play once.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

You can see the details of the limited release here.

The8thPagan
    Participant

I found it thanks. Don’t think I’ll buy, not with my expected spend on Mythic Battles: Pantheon 🙂

Funny how a disaster thread turns to gaming… the game goes ever of (apologies to JRR…)

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Everything leads to gaming. Everything.

CK Lai
    Participant

Good to know the esoteric order has conquered the disaster and is as esoteric as ever 😉

briscoe999
    Participant

Yes, it is great to hear that the EOG is doing well!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.