Home Forums The Study Out of print game rules database?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rollygoldman 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kent
    Kent
    Participant

Recently I have been looking into some older games that have been OOP for a while. The only rule books I can find are on ebay for ~100$. I have been able to find the rules for a few of them in PDF format. I was curious, do you guys know of any websites that might have a collection of OOP rules PDFs? Looking at things such as The Rules With No Name or the Warhammer Historical Wargames collection.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I was thinking the other day how sad it is that greedy bastards have pushed up the prices of old games on Ebay to such ridiculous levels. Back in my late 30s I decided to re-buy a lot of the old stuff (especially Advanced Dungeons & Dragons stuff) that I’d foolishly sold in my twenties. I’m glad I did back then because it would cost a fortune now. Luckily I never sold any of my old Games Workshop boxed games. The other practice that really gets my goat is strip-mining old games and selling off the components individually. These reprehensible ghouls have ruined the secondhand market for games for ever.

Anyway, back to your question – no, sorry, I don’t know of any such websites.

Universal Head Grand Master of the Esoteric Order of Gamers

Kent
    Kent
    Participant

It really does disappoint me when I go on ebay to check out an old game and realize I could buy 3-4 new games for the same price.

I wonder if I would be legally liable if I hosted a site with a collection of PDFs of old game rulebooks. I’d imagine the only thing that I would be liable to do would be to take something down if requested, as I would not be selling the books. The question is would someone like GW go after people sharing their old game books that are out-of-print…

rollygoldman
    Participant

It is how they make money from it,, I guess if you can find the right seller nor even those collector, they can only give you at the right price.

Regards.
    Rolly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.