Home Forums The Gaming Room Infinity Reply To: Infinity

WonderSlugWonderSlug
Participant

I managed to get in two games this weekend at a local meetup! That was fun!

I played my 7 man Nomad force from Operation Icestorm against the new (and very popular) USAriadna army box.

My opponent was the local Corvus Belli rep, or something. I’m not sure what his title is, but he kept making references to obligation and allegiance, this and that, blah blah. Whatever. Anyway. He’s he guy who organized the meetup and brought all the terrain and pretty much ran the show. He was a very good teacher and a good opponent.

Without going into a play-by-play, I pulled off a win on my first game. I think it was a combination of being on the slightly favored side of the table, and lucky dice rolls. He won the second, pretty quickly.

I can say the game is simple enough to learn, and I had lots of fun, but the depth and breadth shines through immediately when seemingly every action / turn / question is answered with “well, unless blah blah subrule” or “well, this guy has blah blah skill, so this . . .”, or “well, you could use your knife, but this guy has blah blah, so maybe you should dodge, but here’s a reason you might not want to dodge. OK, just shoot, because blah blah other thing.”

Knowing the loadout and capabilities of your opponent’s squad is VERY important and the sheer scope of possible skill sets is daunting to say the least.

I’m really excited to learn more about the game and get my guys painted up proper, but I can tell this is going to take patience and dedication to get the most out of it. Time allowing, I’m looking forward to a fun future with the game. At least I’m motivated for it as of now. We’ll see how long the shine lasts. 😉

Peter. You’re in Australia, right? A couple friends of ours just moved there. Maybe I’ll drop in for a quick match if we ever get around to a visit. Thanks for the invite. 😉