Home Forums The Smoking Room Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Reply To: Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

KentKent
Participant

It is quite alright, I myself have been busy with work and school.

It is very interesting to me that there is a thriving craft beer scene in New Zealand. I would have figured that for such a small population, it would be difficult for so many different breweries to be able to survive. We are currently reaching a critical mass here in Houston and it is predicted some of the smaller craft breweries will have to shut down. The Houston urban metro area has a larger population than New Zealand! I guess so many Americans don’t care to drink anything beyond Budlight and Miller Lite.

Marchfest sounds like a great time, it would be cool to hear a talk from some brewers. We have lots of festivals here. One of the best is known as the “Beermile”. It is a one mile race with the additional requirements that you must finish 4 cans of beer during the race (drink beer, run lap, drink beer, run lap, etc). An 81 year old woman successfully completed the race last year.

That is the only downside to the craft scene, only able to find local drinks. But I guess that is what makes it craft…

Do you guys have a food truck scene there? That is all the rage these days in America. Food trucks everywhere…