Home › Forums › The Gaming Room › What is keeping you from historical miniatures wargames? › Reply To: What is keeping you from historical miniatures wargames?
For fantasy skirmish games, you could look into Alkemy as well. Definitely not your LotR/D&D clone. Deadzone is also fun.
For Dust, what appeals to me are the simplified rules. Has it all for me: cover, modified form of overwatch, suppression fire, LoS, different weapon types and ranges and most importantly, it plays quick 😀 I just use the 3/5 person squads just as they are.
I’m playing for the fun of it. Historical accuracy, not so much 😉 As I’ve said before: been there, done that. Looking up tables to check range, then look up another table to check damage, then do a calculation to see how many minis are removed from the unit… oy. Fun back in the day, as a battle could last an entire day. Sadly, don’t have that kind of time any more.
Log in or Register
- Machina Arcana 3rd Edition
- Greetings from Germany
- Looking for player for a Descent 1st Edition Road to Legend Campaign
- Airbrush has changed everything…
- Finally in my collection
- The Last Great Hoard of AT-43 and Confrontation?
- Mission: Red Planet 2nd edition – foam board inserts
- Rangers of Shadow Deep – solo Tabletop
- Greetings from Melbourne
- Online Boardgaming