Home Forums The Reception Hall Greetings from Russia, via Ireland, with a hint of British. Reply To: Greetings from Russia, via Ireland, with a hint of British.

starisolatorstarisolator
Participant

Thanks guys. My hope was that this first build gave me some insight into how these things go well (and on two occasions terribly. Those tiles were binned). I learned a lot.

@Kent
40K, and some 40K, with a bit of 40K on top. To be honest there’s not much in the way of a gaming community here. You’ll get a few small groups, and in this city it’s hard to find anyone that plays more than Warhammer or Munchkin but I think that’s more to do with accessibility than the will to play new games. It’s really difficult/expensive to get things like Malifaux, Warmachine, X Wing, etc here – not to mention most of the new ‘indie’ games are only available in English.

@Clash957
Woodland Scenics mate 😉 Honestly, I tried to put a paint-base in there of simple a sand texture. I read on some website a guy who found that a certain type of acrylic reacted in a weird way with the Scenics water giving a ‘fluffy sand’ look when it all dried. It worked a treat here. This was 3 layers of the stuff as it kept shrinking leaving a curved area on the edges. I found that adding a few more layers that thinned out towards that edge made that less obvious.

Overall the whole layout covers 120cm by 120cm (4×4) and can be arranged in 90cm by 90cm (3×3) also.

If anyone has an idea of how to avoid chipping, that’d be awesome.

Anyway… thanks guys.