Home Forums The Workshop Painting Mansions of Madness: second edition Reply To: Painting Mansions of Madness: second edition

WonderSlugWonderSlug
Participant

I’d say compared to 1st edition, the quality overall is a little worse. More or less on par, but a little worse…as it concerns the monsters.

My biggest complaint about second edition relates to the investigator sculpts, which are much worse in second edition, IMHO.

1st edition left, 2nd edition right.

old man compare

This picture in part explains my urgency to quickly track down any remaining copies of the first edition expansions, Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild, which I hadn’t bought before this release. There’s just so much more detail on the original minis, and as a painter that’s kind of a big deal to me. Are they perfect? No, but they’re much better than second edition.

FFG is releasing “figure and tile” packs that contain all of the minis from first edition and it’s expansions. So a lot of people who never got around to the game in its first go-round can get all the stuff they’re missing that way. But I’m afraid their quality will be like the mini on the right. I’m eager to see pics once those packs release.