Home Forums The Gaming Room Collect The Set… Reply To: Collect The Set…

Keymaster

I know what you mean 8P. I’m a bit OCD when it comes to collecting sets too, though I try very hard to curb that compulsion when it comes to FFG games. I control it by keeping in mind how many times I actually get to play the games.

Considering how often I play X-Wing and Armada, I have enough stuff for those games to last forever. Elder Sign I never played; MoM I still haven’t played most of the 1st edition adventures and I’m putting off buying 2nd edition because I hate the miniatures so much; Imperial Assault I’ve played the core set and I won’t get more until I play the first campaign expansion. I played Netrunner quite a bit for a while, and still enjoy relatively regular LCG game sessions with a friend, so I have pretty big collections of all the LCGs. What money sinks those are!

I’m worse when it somes to out of print things like Confrontation, AT-43, and even Tannhauser, because I feel the compulsion to get everything that was made for them, secure in the knowledge that there won’t be any more, and they’ll only get more expensive the more I put off getting them. That’s when the collecting bug really kicks in for me. In fact tabletop figure games are the worst when it comes to collecting – I got all the factions of Wrath of Kings at the time of the initial Kickstarter campaign, and now I feel the need to keep up with the latest releases, even though I’m not playing it enough to justify it.

In the end, running out of space becomes the big brake on one’s compulsions! That and the hard work involved in painting figures!