Home Forums The Gaming Room Age of Conan – sudden death Reply To: Age of Conan – sudden death

UthorocUthoroc

Yes, you do. Even if Conan already is in the destination province, you do get one (as the Conan player) if you don’t move him out again. It’s in the rules in the text box “The Conan Player Turn” on page 10.

Also I do have an official reply to my question over on BGG.

Roberto:
From what I remember about the expansion development – the number of adventure cards in hand is a little tricky, because 1 is not enough to make the mechanics meaningful enough. 2 works just fine in 2-3 players, but I can see it’s a little too much in 4 players.

Originally, the mechanics used 1 card only. When it was changed to 2 cards, we playtested it (but mostly in 3 players games), and I guess we did not realize it could make the game too short in 4-player games.

I think only allowing the “sudden death” in the 3rd age would be a positive change. Or, as Christoffer suggests, removing the rule completely in 4 player games.

Amado (lead playtester):
After having discussed with the game designers, they agree that the rule could be reverted to the playtest variant we previously used as a possible fix, if this issue is coming up in your games:

Page 9, under Drawing and playing Story Cards.
In two-player games, a player may never have more than three Story cards in hand (two in a three-player game, and one in a four-player game).