Home Forums The Gaming Room Confrontation Ragnarok Miniatures Reply To: Confrontation Ragnarok Miniatures

nyys
nyys
Participant

I think I figured it out and even though it’s unlikely many will read this I’m going to spell it out for my own good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regardless of who initiated the assault between two units with a Fear value, a Courage test must be made (unless the Fear value for both units is equal, then no test is made).

The difficulty is the highest Fear, while (and this is where I got confused) the action value is the highest Courage. Fear = Courage when it comes to a morale test. So the unit with the lowest Fear would be using that value as it’s Courage.

So, in my example in my previous post, there would be a Courage test no matter what. If the unit with the lower Fear is the one making the assault (the active unit) they must take a Courage test. If they fail, they are in Rout and their turn ends immediately (nothing else happens, for now).

**Aside**
What happens the next time that unit activates is subject to interpretation I believe. Under Rallying the rules state at the beginning of it’s activation if unit is in Rout it makes a Courage/Fear test. But the rules also state under Unit in Rout that when a unit in Rout is activated it Flees (disengages if necessary).

My best guess is that you first try to Rally upon that unit’s next activation and if you fail again your activation is to immediately Flee.

Rallying: action value is the unit in Rout’s Fear/Courage and the difficulty is a default of 1 but can be increased by up to +4, (see Rallying section).

Basically before being forced to Flee, you get a couple attempts to avoid it.
**End Aside**

The next time that unit activates they must make another Courage/Fear test, if they fail they now try to Flee (any engaged units are destroyed) and the unit moves twice its movement (in a straight line) towards the nearest table edge.

They will continue to Flee each time they activate if they continue to fail their Courage test (taken at the start of each activation before continuing to Flee, called Rallying). If any fleeing movement takes any of the unit’s members off the board or into another enemy unit, the fleeing unit is completely destroyed.

A unit that Rallys can take it’s turn normally (but is not considered to have resisted the enemy unit’s Fear).

If the unit passes the original Courage/Fear test (called resisting) against the unit with the higher Fear, the activation proceeds normally and now automatically passes all courage tests against Fear values equal too or less than the one they have already resisted for the rest of the game.

—–

If the unit with the higher Fear value is the one making the assault, the unit being assaulted must make the same Courage test as described above. Pass or fail the assaulting unit still completes it’s activation, but depending on the result of the Courage test the unit with lower Fear may be in rout for it’s next activation.

—–

Back to the original example, regardless of which unit is the one assaulting the Difficulty in this instance is 7 (the highest Fear value) and the Action Value is the lower Fear of 5 (though in this instance that lower Fear value is considered to be the Courage value and is described as the highest Courage – yes that’s why this was so confusing).

Action Value 5 – Difficulty 7 = -2

Consulting the Universal Table of Resolution the unit passes the test on a 5+ roll of one die (2 dice, using the highest result on one die, if the unit contains the Company’s Commander). If the test is failed (see above sequence). If the test is passed, the passing unit no longer has to make a Courage test against Units with a Fear value of 7 or lower for the rest of the game.

My goodness! LOL!
I hope I have that all correct. My brain just melted. ๐Ÿ™‚