I’m giving this a miss, for two reasons. One, is that the gameplay doesn’t look very interesting. I like the development and the clear cards, but the games themselves seem like bog-standard dice-chucking combat with lots of modifiers.
Secondly, the whole theme and the way it’s being touted is – I agree with you – juvenile. I have nothing against mature themes if they advance the story or give us more effective insights into character. Here, it’s like a bunch of 12 year olds who have discovered swearing, sex and violence for the first time. It’s pretty puerile and I can only assume the whole thing seemed like a good idea to showcase Adrian Smith’s graphic novel (which may have a more interesting story, I don’t know) and use a lot of existing art, but it strikes me as a bad call.
Plus, there’s only so many big guys draped with spikes and chains that I can paint before I lose it! 🙂
I put my money on Nemesis instead.
Log in or Register
- Into the Dead: the Board Game
- 300 Rules Summaries!
- Hyperspace by Peterson Games
- Runewars headed for the bargain bin?
- RGG 360º painting handle by Redgrass
- Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress
- Greetings from Sweden
- One of my Gaslands cars I painted tonight.
- Wrath of Kings and Dark Age from CMON