Home Forums The Gaming Room Kill Team Reply To: Kill Team

Universal Head
Keymaster

Please don’t patronise me with that ‘politically correct bit’ BS 8th. Your analogy is completely inappropriate. I’m not some silly extremist who doesn’t complement people on their appearance or considers it a crime to do so. Of course she’s an attractive woman. I just don’t see why it’s necessary to say so.

There’s been a lot of talk recently about the travails of woman getting into the male-dominated world of gaming and enduring boy’s club BS and harassment and focus on their looks and not their contributions. So I was merely pointing out that saying she was ‘easy on the eye’ was unnecessary. Little, easy steps to make the gaming world more welcoming for everybody. It’s not hard.

Imagine, for example, if you were a woman and posted a YouTube game-related video and a large proportion of the comments were on your appearance – negative and positive. Now I’m a man and haven’t had one person make much a comment on my videos that I can remember. With a little imagination, one can empathise with their frustration, even if the commenters thought they were just being ‘polite’ and ‘appropriate’. Personally, I would never make a personal comment about her appearance after a YouTube video made by a woman, because it’s unnecessary, not relevant, and from a stranger on the internet, pretty creepy.

I will admit you have me jumping to the bait after our last (deleted) exchange about racism however, and I apologise for that.

Let’s close this.