To give a counterpoint: the reason why Mythic is going KS-only is the games would have a prohibitive retail cost (due to the amount of content) and they aren’t willing to compromise their vision since KS now offers them an alternative to the traditional retail-only outlet.
As a reminder: Monolith said they actually lost money on their Conan game when it went retail due to the massive retail discounts they had to give.
Also, a lot of other, smaller games are also KS-only (mainly) due to the fact the creators aren’t able to secure distribution deals because they are either first-timers or too small to get s distribution deal.
We can debate the various merits of the games themselves, but having the KS-only route vs the retail isn’t one worth making.
Log in or Register
- Machina Arcana 3rd Edition
- Greetings from Germany
- Looking for player for a Descent 1st Edition Road to Legend Campaign
- Airbrush has changed everything…
- Finally in my collection
- The Last Great Hoard of AT-43 and Confrontation?
- Mission: Red Planet 2nd edition – foam board inserts
- Rangers of Shadow Deep – solo Tabletop
- Greetings from Melbourne
- Online Boardgaming