One of each expansion is fine and gives both sides the material to build a full army for a great game – just without much variation. Adding a second base game will help a lot there, as it allows you too field a much larger variety of the base troops, and it’s the most cost-effective way to do that.
Of the units not in the base box I would consider a second box in the following order (but none of these are necessary):
– Crossbowmen (their best formation needs 3 trays)
– Wraiths (ditto)
– Command unit for either (you might want to field a second banner bearer, champion, etc.)
– Reanimates (to build the REALLY large formations and have spares for Ankaur Maro)
– Outland Scouts (the can form a really powerful unit with 4 trays and Kari embedded)
– Carrion Lancers (to build the dreaded “Worm Star” of 6 carrion lancers)
– Death Knights (you can never have enough Death Knights)
– Oathsworn Knights (only if you REALLY want more cavalry)
I’m clearly biased towards Waiqar as that is my faction of choice.
Log in or Register
- Machina Arcana 3rd Edition
- Greetings from Germany
- Looking for player for a Descent 1st Edition Road to Legend Campaign
- Airbrush has changed everything…
- Finally in my collection
- The Last Great Hoard of AT-43 and Confrontation?
- Mission: Red Planet 2nd edition – foam board inserts
- Rangers of Shadow Deep – solo Tabletop
- Greetings from Melbourne
- Online Boardgaming