Interesting. There’s a long standing rule that you can’t copyright game mechanics, but these seem to go beyond that. Then again, there’s a game like Dark Moon, which started off as a quick version of Battlestar Galactica and ended up being completely its own thing.
But yes, I think you’re squirming around copyright infringement if you make something available publically that uses someone’s licence (eg Dune), and certainly if you sell it in any way. They don’t get busted only because they fly under the radar, I imagine.
But in the internet age, we all squirm occasionally. 🙂
Log in or Register
- Machina Arcana 3rd Edition
- Greetings from Germany
- Looking for player for a Descent 1st Edition Road to Legend Campaign
- Airbrush has changed everything…
- Finally in my collection
- The Last Great Hoard of AT-43 and Confrontation?
- Mission: Red Planet 2nd edition – foam board inserts
- Rangers of Shadow Deep – solo Tabletop
- Greetings from Melbourne
- Online Boardgaming