Home Forums The Gaming Room What have you been playing lately? Reply To: What have you been playing lately?

DustinDustin
Participant

I have been super busy with work lately, and have watched more videos of Will and Peter playing games than I have actually gotten to play, but the last few weeks I got a few games in while I was home.

Aftermath– Impulse buy, but I am glad I bought it. It’s a story book game from Plaid Hat Games along the lines of Stuffed Fables or Mice and Mystics. It has a post apocalyptic theme and some really nice components. Me and my daughter enjoyed our first play, and I think it is the best of their story book line. Unfortunately, Plaid Hat always has issues with rule books, and this one is no exception. It took quite a few trips to BGG to actually learn how to play the game correctly, but a good game nonetheless.

Cthulhu: Death May Die– Played a friends KS copy at our game night and had a lot of fun. Very simple, even more so than I expected, but still a lot of fun. Seemed a little easy as well, considering we beat it my first play, which usually doesn’t happen in modern co-op games.

Rangers of Shadowdeep– D&D meets tabletop skirmish! Awesome game. Just enough story/RPG elements to feel like you are playing an RPG, but has all of the tabletop skirmish tactical gameplay. D20 combat system as well, which is cool.

Kingsburg– One of the few euros I own, and one of my favorites.

Court of the Dead: Mourners Call– Another play of this great KS game. Area control with amazing components, and a cool, dark theme. My first KS I ever backed and still glad I backed it.

Deadzone Second Edition– I finally got this to the table. I know they get flack for the miniature quality, and I understand the complaints considering they were a bit of a nightmare to assemble, but man the game play is great. So streamlined and easy, and I actually really enjoy their movement system.

Well, besides a few games of Funkoverse Harry Potter with my 7 year old son, that about covers it.

Peter, did you back the expansion for Conan? I finally got on board and backed the pledge that had the original king pledge included. I had to go watch your video of you guys playing it again after, and I can’t wait to get it!