Home Forums The Gaming Room A Star Wars Descent! Reply To: A Star Wars Descent!

Keymaster

By Zeus, if there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s a post-game math session where everyone totes up victory points. To me that’s the antithesis of fun. A quick look around the EOG collection (and a read of the About page) will show you that I have very little interest in those kind of games. Which is one of the reasons the EOG was formed.

I know exactly what you’re going through, and I don’t understand those people either. I had someone say once when we had some dispute aabout a rule that it was important we sort it out because it messed with his ‘game engine’. Erk. No thanks. And if I hear that line one more time about “I might as well have thrown a die to see who won at the end” I’ll gag.

I played a game of Mansions of Madness a few months ago where it all came down to a 1 in 10 chance on a single dice throw. And he made it. Everyone was standing around the table, everyone cheered and danced when he rolled the winning number, everyone was completely in the moment of what was happening. Now that’s a fun game. Not getting 5 VP because you have the third most green meeples, or whatever.

I was born in Mebourne. Great town.

PS Why not just play Descent? Because it’s Star Wars, dummies! 🙂