Home Forums The Gaming Room Latest Acquisitions and Coming Soon Reply To: Latest Acquisitions and Coming Soon

Keymaster

I can understand your frustration – I’m currently waiting on Wrath of Kings from Cool Mini or Not, and so far there have been two significant delays. My Kickstarter dabble was the three games mentioned above a year ago, and I haven’t backed anything since. I appreciate the system is useful, but there are just too many amateurish, half-baked games on it, and I don’t think I believe in the concept of people getting my money upfront for something that there is no pressing incentive to deliver on time as promised. Poor production planning wouldn’t be tolerated in the ‘real world’, but it’s the same money they’re using.

Anyway, possibly a topic for another thread, but there are just too many variables for me to trust it. And too many good games from recognised, trusted publishers that have already done the hard yards required to learn how to deliver professional product, and I know are completely trustworthy.

I often think that a lot of these games have successful Kickstarter campaigns because of the shiny extra baubles they dangle in front of buyers’ eyes, and really that’s just getting extra ‘stuff’ that in most cases isn’t necessary to enjoy the game to its fullest.

I’m also frustrated by the lack of attention to detail and professionalism. For example, I’ve made numerous posts on the WoK forums about the crappy typography and layout of the cards and rules, which have been completely ignored. I would have thought that free advice from a graphics professional of 25 years experience would be appreciated, but that’s not the case. For my gaming money, I expect a certain standard of quality.

Whoops, I’m ranting. 🙂