Home Forums The Smoking Room Destiny Reply To: Destiny

Keymaster

Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor are two that I’m looking forward to and will definitely pick up, though I imagine I’ll get very frustrated with the former.

I got up to level 20 on Destiny – finished the ridiculous virtually non-existent story, and put it back on the shelf. It was fun for a while but the mindless shoot-’em-up nature of it just couldn’t hold my interest. And the ending – “this ending is just the beginning” speeches by characters you didn’t give a toss about – just terrible.

Oh yes, I love gaming: video, boardgames, miniatures games, roleplaying games … though I prefer the more sociable nature of tabletop games. LARPing is not something I’ve had the opportunity to try, though I’m sure I could get into it – it depends on the people. Gaming is the best way to keep enjoying your youth even as you grow older – and it doesn’t involve buying loud and expensive machines that piss other people off. 🙂

If my imagination ever dies, well I think I might just as well toddle off myself.