Home Forums The Gaming Room Xmas Presents for Myself Reply To: Xmas Presents for Myself

Ho hoooh! How selfish, how very…oh it’s tradition now? Phew! No longer disguising it. This year I’ve been most thoughtful towards myself. With so many considerate gift ideas, it’s almost as if I’m reading my mind.

Space Hulk 4th Edition
Christmas did indeed arrive early this year, on All Hallows’ Eve strangely. As if guided by a shining star, my friend (who was looking for a costume prop) and I wandered into an unassuming toy/model/bicycle/nursery? shop. Scanning the shelves, my friend stops in his tracks with a blurt and points his finger. Alongside a good selection of GW kits were several copies of ‘Space Bulk’, as dubbed by the staff due to the box’s heft. As I was rewarding myself for getting paid, I was told the shop was asked to send all the copies back to the warehouse so they could then be offered online (where they had sold out everywhere). Fortunately for me the shop held on to them. A sign of good tidings no doubt.

Sheriff of Nottingham
Though pre-ordered back in summer, it finally arrived for the Yuletide, thus making me a merry-man. Why buy, rent and sell after Xmas dinner like a tycoon, when you could ‘bluff, bribe and smuggle’ like an outlaw! A well-fed outlaw.

Il Sesto Senso aka Mysterium
This just happened to fall in my lap…top in the form of a newsletter informing of availability from mid-December. I begged and pleaded to myself for the longest minute before relenting. I’m rather persuasive, yet too soft. Cited as a fully co-operative ‘Dixit meets Clue/Cluedo‘, the game appears poised to be the most popular of the three. But that’s just a stab in the dark. ‘Santa Clause in the toy factory with the candy-stick’.

Fabled Lands Solo RPG Book series. Books 1-6.
Since starting night shifts end of last month, suffice to say not much socialized gaming has taken place. But, I need my escapism and fortunately I had rediscovered game-books for adventure role-playing for one. The series stands out from the medium in that it successfully provides a ‘sand-box’ style of exploration within it’s fantasy world; allowing you to (optionally) venture to different regions in separate books. Codewords cleverly keep any related quests and discovery’s linear, whilst still being open-ended and free for the player to do as they wish for as long as your character is alive. Haven’t come across Santa’s grotto though. Anything to help me slay a were-boar would be most appreciated.

Those are my purchases, but I’m still writing my letter to Santa. Something you could call… a wishlist…more on that later.

Seasons greetings to UH and fellow EOG members!