Home Forums The Smoking Room Destiny Reply To: Destiny

GrandpaBobGrandpaBob
Participant

I played the demo of Destiny with similar feelings. I loved how fluid double jumping and the melee attack felt, and summoning flaming pistols was fun! But I agree there is a huge lack of story. In my first game someone waved at me, danced and that was the extent of our dialogue.

Just got a PS4 this last month. In the present, Last of Us Remastered and GTA5 Remastered are at the top of my list to get after I finish Alien Isolation and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

For the future, I am hoping that Quantic Dream puts out some good PS4 material soon. Heavy Rain, and Beyond 2 Souls on PS3 were right up my alley. Give me more of that PLEASE. And Uncharted 4.

I played a lot of Guild Wars in college and I liked it, but when GW2 came out, it didn’t grab me the same way. Not to dis GW2, because it’s a beautiful game. There is a lot to take in. Maybe I’ll go back to it again.

The Longest Journey, one of my favorite adventure games of all time, was just released on iOS last month. It still has a few bugs, but it looks and feels nearly identical to it’s PC port. Tons of voice acting and dialogue. Dreamfall chapters is an episodic sequel to Dreamfall which in turn was the sequel to The Longest Journey. I didn’t like Dreamfall as much as the original, but I’m digging Dreamfall Chapters on MAC/PC They did away with the wonky combat system.

Three of my friends now work at TellTale games. I would give Walking Dead & Wolf Among Us a try for a good story. I’m a little undecided how I feel about their newest projects.