Home Forums The Gaming Room Shadows of Brimstone Reply To: Shadows of Brimstone

Keymaster

Mate, that was a fantastic read, thanks a million for going to the trouble of posting it. In fact it’s so good I’m going to link to it when I put up the SoB page here on the EOG (almost finished the summary!)

For some reason I didn’t even think of the fact that it would be so good for solo play – I’m going to give that a go asap.

I agree with you that they should have linked the adventures together into a campaign. There’s a few paragraphs in the Adventure Book suggesting a sequence to play them in, followed by the very lazy sentence “the narrative possibilities are endless”. “Well, if they’re so endless Flying Frog, why didn’t come up with some?” was my reaction to that. 🙂

I also agree with you about the figures. I backed Journey and the figures are looking just stunning, which shows it can be done with the requisite level of care and effort. Still, Flying Frog aren’t known for their figures, and unfortunately they didn’t decide to take the leap to the next level with this one.

But all in all, thanks for getting me hyped up about playing this game! Great stuff.

BTW, when you solo, how many characters do you use?