Home Forums The Workshop Cthulhu Wars (and flimsy faction sheets) Reply To: Cthulhu Wars (and flimsy faction sheets)

Jack RomeoJack Romeo
Participant

Good point. I’ve noticed the same on several games; Arkham Horror, Shadows of Brimstone, Zombicide, Eclipse, Twilight Imperium, and now Cthulhu Wars. Same goes for the scoreboard actually. It’s a shame, as the cardboard and minis in CW are very nice. I´ll try making a photocopy of the faction sheets on Monday and see how they turn out on the office printer. Maybe I’ll just laminate the originals and hope for the best. As the sheets are core to the game, maybe we can bug Sandy for a high quality PDF at some point if the sheets gets too flimsy.

As for the rest of the pieces, the cardboard is among the best I’ve seen. Thick, sturdy, and no visible marks at all when punching them out. Melted right out so easily I wouldn’t have known what to do with my hobby knife. Used your cutting trick on Shadows of Brimstone, but this was a whole other league.

The rulebook is a piece of work though, and could really use the EOG treatment. For a game with such a simple core mechanics they sure make it confusing by constantly referring to the faction special abilities when explaining the rules.

As for the game itself, we had two rounds tonight, and it was pretty fun. Not as long or heavy on the rules as games we usually play, which was a nice change of pace. Looking forward to playing it more with different groups and see how it fares in the long run.