Home Forums The Gaming Room For a non-wargamer. What's make makes each one special / unique? Reply To: For a non-wargamer. What's make makes each one special / unique?

Keymaster

If I was starting from scratch, didn’t mind assembling my figures, and wanted variety from small games up to large, I would definitely go for Wrath of Kings. The rules are pretty streamlined, the figures have personality, the prices are (relatively) reasonable. I don’t think there are starter sets as such (CMON should rectify that) but it should be easy enough to put together playable forces.

While Dust Tactics/Battlefield is fun, I have some reservations about it. It can be a bit surprising and shocking how fast units can go down, especially those big funky walkers. Yes, you can expend Command orders to bring a unit and a vehicle back on to the table, but there’s something about the squishiness of the units that feels a bit off to me. Also, sadly, there’s a lot of confusion about the future of the game.

Another Dust Battlefield battle report is coming in the next month or so by the way. Also one for The Battle of Five Armies and a new one for Hell Dorado.