Home Forums The Kitchen A Song of Ice and Fire – Tabletop Miniatures Game

This topic contains 54 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  briscoe999 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 49 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

A miniatures game is a big committment for me, being a bit OCD as I am. I’m out on this one.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yeah, seeing my ongoing commitment to Runewars, I also decided to pass on this one. I do think the core set is good value now, but such a miniatures game IS always a lifestyle choice, and it’s unlikely you’ll be satisfied with the core alone.

The8thPagan
    Participant

Problem with Runewars and Song is they are both starter sets.

They want you to buy more and there’s not enough in the starter to substain interest in the game without boredom setting in.

Look at X-wing and Armada. Not enough in starter boxes for a full battle. Same with Two Player Starter for Warmachine or Hordes.

At least Imperial Assault has enough in that box for a multi-session campaign, although I have bought everything going for that…

briscoe999
    Participant

As of now I am leaning towards not pledging for ASOIaF and pledging for the Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3 Acolyte Pledge (the Core Set, one expansion and a ton of extra’s for $200 plus shipping). I heard really good things about the CW boardgame, and i read that a person does NOT have to get everything to enjoy this game.

There is still a slight chance I pledge for both games….we shall see….

The8thPagan
    Participant

I don’t have much faith in Peterson games hitting deadlines. I know it’s mostly a reprint, but he’s still often late.

And… this is the 3rd KS for the game. Why not just do a print run and sell it?

Plus… it doesn’t look that interesting to me and it’s a lot of money.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I just have the core set of CW and I’m happy with that. It did cost a lot and personally I would have been happy with it being sold normally with ‘normal’ size miniatures, but it’s a good game and certainly does come across as a labour of love. They’re having a lot of success with the Kickstarter format so who can blame them continuing that way?

briscoe999
    Participant

I am a pretty big Lovecraft fan – and i have seen the CW core set up close (a friend has it).
    It is indeed a sight to behold when it is all set up! CW Onslaught 3 cracked a million – that is a testament of what people think of the game (being that aside from some new stuff, it is basically a third print run).

Viewing 7 posts - 49 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.