Home Forums The Gaming Room A Star Wars Descent!

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m loving this game! I’ve dipped into Descent a handful of times but have never gone deep into it. So far my group is 5 missions into the campaign which is extraordinary for us.
    Looks like it’s time to paint my first set of minis. They’re just too cool not to.
    Any chance of a game aid coming soon?

Keymaster

I must admit I haven’t been inspired to buy it yet. I’m sure I’ll do a play aid for it eventually but it’s not on the short list as yet.

ozmoozmo
    Participant

I’ll just jump in here and say: I too am loving this game!

I have a couple of campaigns started (all as Imperial) and I’ve played some skirmish mode. Love them both.

Took a bit to get a handle on all of the card types and figure out how everything worked but it’s been worth it.

I love it so much I spent $30 US on some uni posca markers and spent two nights coloring the edges of all of the cardboard tokens. No, no, I don’t obsess over things…

The game feels like an RPG (which I’m assuming is similar to its Descent heritage) and has some fun gameplay. Different feel than my other miniature games. Also skirmish mode is well done – it’s close enough to the campaign to pick up quickly but different enough to provide a new experience. And it’s objective based so you don’t necessarily have to outright kill everything on the board. Although that does seem to happen.

I’m also looking forward to painting the minis. Really nice job on the sculpts.

I love it so much it inspired me to also buy X-Wing and the two RPG beginner sets. Curse you Fantasy Flight and your ability to take my money!

Keymaster

Well, I’m starting to read more positive reviews now so I’m sure this one wil get on the buy list eventually. Besides, we have a fantastic foamcore box insert plan for it coming from guest contributor David Acton!

Hey, and don’t worry about spending hours colouring the edges of tokens. You’re among like-minded friends here … 🙂

Participant

UniHead, you must not miss out on this game. Don’t hesitate! What you get is well worth the price of admission!
    I know you said you aren’t too interested, but you can’t miss out on this fun!

I have played it several times already and I don’t think it feels much like Descent at all. As you know I have Descent 2.0 and they may share similar component structures, but the story and the atmosphere stands all on it’s own. Especially if you are a fan of the original trilogy (forget that prequel nonsense).The mechanics, the rule books, the components are leaps better than what we find in Descent. Don’t get me wrong, I still like Descent, but this one is a must have even for you.

The minis in this game are a far superior, durable plastic. Nothing like that soft bendy plastic that we find with Descent minis. This should make the painting experience sheer joy for you. Btw, I am eagerly awaiting your painting tutorial for this one, but you must get started soon because this newcomer to YouTube has got a jump on you and he does some very high quality video work. Maybe invite him to be a contributor to EOG as well?

Star Wars Painting Guide Ep.1

Keymaster

Arrghh, I’ve spent so much on games lately, and it’s another ‘dudes in a corridor’ game, and it’s damn pricey … but hell, you’re convincing me…

That’s a really exceptional painting tutorial and I applaud the work he’s put into it. There’s no way I can improve on that! Though I must admit I am slightly jealous that he has almost 2000 subscribers with only 6 videos! 🙂

Participant

That is quite a large number of subscribers, but that makes it all the more clear that Imperial Assault is a big deal. It gives the impression that there are tons of gamers out there who are interested in painting the minis for IA.

You should definitely try to contact him and see if he would be interested in posting his tutorials as a guest contributor for EOG. I could help to fill out the content for IA on the EOG site

Keymaster

Of course, anything Star Wars is going to get the hits. Though of course they really are top notch videos. I’ll drop him a line, though I’m not sure why he’d want his videos on my site when they’re going so well on YouTube.

I’ll get on to a rules summary soon – there are just so many things to do and only so many leisure hours in the day!

Keymaster

Go ShadowClipse! Sorastro has kindly agreed to allow me to feature his amazing videos. Thanks a lot for bringing my attention to them mate!

Participant

WOW! UniHead, that is such terrific news! I must say, Mark is an incredible fellow gamer to so quickly be willing to share his content on the EOG. I think a great many of us owe you our gratitude for all the incredible game summaries and tutorials you have given us so far. He seems to share that sentiment and his videos will be a great addition to the already stellar content.

Sorastro(Mark), if you are out there, thanks for your contribution to the gaming community!

Keymaster

As I so often find with tabletop gamers, he’s a really nice person and happy to share his fantastic work. Go thank him on the page, he may not have discovered the forums yet!

Keymaster

As I so often find with tabletop gamers, he’s a really nice person and happy to share his fantastic work.

Viewing 12 posts - 25 through 36 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.