Home Forums The Storage Room A Study in Emerald Box Mod

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

So I built my first box mod which I designed for something more complicated that just cards.

Was going to do separate compartments for the wooden bits, but thought this would be easier to use.

Box with Manuals
    Box with Board (there is a spacer at the top to hold the board in place.
    Box Mod showing card, token and piece spaces

I am pretty happy with it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Nice! I haven’t made one for this game yet, and I think I’ll just use your design if that’s OK. 🙂 I particularly like the way the square counters sit snuggly in place with finger room to get them out, that’s very clever.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

I stole the counter spacing idea from your Merchant of Venus mod.

Important note: Do NOT use foamcore for the base, the box isn’t deep enough. I used 1.5mm black card, and made each of the dividers 29mm high. This left just enough room for the board, the manual and the rule summaries.

I will try to write up the specifications of what I used this week and post it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

So you did! Clever me! 🙂

Thanks for letting me know about the base, that would have tripped me up. Specs would be brilliant – perhaps I can translate it to plans one day when I get some time …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.