Home Forums The Gaming Room Adeptus Titanicus

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Grifter Grifter 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Is anyone else looking forward to the re-release of Adeptus Titanicus? I played the mess out of this game when it came out in ’88, but unfortunately I tossed the game when I moved house. Would love to play this again with my son. Rumour has it that they were gonna bring out the rules and some scenery and you could buy resin-models from Forge World. But after criticism, they went back to the drawing board and apparently they are now going to release a full plastic set somewhere later this year. Wise decision in my opinion. Forge World makes some gorgeous models, but they are horribly expensive and I’m not a big fan of resin.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

With the success they have with the “reboot” of Blod Bowl and Necromunda they might invest a bit more in this one then they first wanted…and I do hope it will be great. Started hobby with roug trader but never came around to play that…but looked at the WD with awe back then. So let them have more time…and get it great…and effordable 🙂

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Well, affordable is never high on Gw’s list of priorities. But as long as I don’t have to sell a kidney to get my hands on this, I’ll be happy. I’m just hoping they don’t mess around too much with the original order-system. It’s fluidity was the main strength of the game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I played quite a bit of Titanicus when it came out and enjoyed it a lot. In fact Will and I recently played it again. I agree that the order system is simple and ingenious and they should keep it, but I would like to see them revamp the damage system – that was a pain.

Very glad to hear the Forge World route is not the one they’re taking, because their stuff is unaffordable for me overseas.

GW should definitely redo Epic scale again, though perhaps for some bizarre reason they think it will divert sales away from W40K, their main cash cow.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Epic would be even better…more of the big stuff on the field with that scale 🙂

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I did see that playthrough with you and Will. Brought back so many happy memories of playing this on a rainy Sunday-afternoon with my cousin and a friend of mine on a regular table with crappy self-made terrain and we had so much fun with it.

I do agree that the damage-system could do with some tweaks. It was a bit cumbersome.

But I just want the chance to charge up the Voidshields, power up a Chainfist and have epic Titan on Titan carnage.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

In the mean time this might be worth a look.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not for Mac users it won’t be! 🙂

I have Space Marine and an Ork epic armies here all ready to paint. I’ve been meaning to finally paint them and play a game of Epic 40,000 with Will, but I can’t seem to settle on what chapter colour to paint the marines. In the end, I’ll probably go with traditional Ultramarines blue, if only for the contrast with orky red/green/black.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

I had the Space Marine box and if I recall correctly, I think I divided them evenly between Ultramarines and Sons of Horus.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Well, it’s here and I’m gonna have to have a long, hard think if I actually want to take the plunge. The Grandmaster edition is gonna set me back 230 Euro, which is quite a bit more than I was counting on. You do get quite a lot in the box and I have to admit the Titans are huge and absolutely gorgeous. I’m just not sure if it’s worth it spending that much on a game, especially since the models cannot be used for anything else. It’s a toughie, since I loved the original game, but I’m having a hard time justifying paying that much just for the sake of nostalgia.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I pretty disgusted with the price of this game and I won’t be forking out that much for such a limited system. NZ$500 for the box is just ridiculous, and if I wanted to play the ‘full-size battle’ as recommended in White Dwarf – 4 or 5 titans a side – I’d be looking at another NZ$1,140 – $1,520 worth of titans to do so. Utterly ridiculous. They should have decreased the scale or found some other way to make it affordable. I can only assume that the long development time of the game has resulted in increased costs which they’re now trying to recoup. But for me, this has cost them the good will they built up with Soul Wars and Kill Team.

I’m sticking with my 1988 set. It’s still a great game.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Yeah, wish I hadn’t thrown out my copy of the old game. And you’re right. These prices are absolutely absurd. It’s a shame, really. GW seemed to be finally moving in the right direction, with listening more to their customers and bringing out more affordable options and then they pull a stunt like this.

Ahh, well. I have Pacific Rim: Extinction coming if I want to get my giant Mech battle on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.