Home Forums The Storage Room Age of Conan + Adventures in Hyboria Insert

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Talos63 Talos63 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

After finally getting my Kickstarter reward for the AoC expansion project, and playing a first game (which was great), I sat down to build an insert for the game that takes both the base game and expansion components. I’m pretty happy how it turned out.

You can download the plans in pdf-format from this link.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Bloody brilliant! I was waiting on receiving my expansion (still hasn’t hit NZ) to do this, and now all I have to do is copy yours. Fantastic work mate!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

By the way have you played the game with the expansion yet?

CK Lai
    Participant

@UH: he said he had and it was “great” 🙂

I’m waiting for my expansion to arrive as well.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yes, we played it once already (4 players) and it was great fun. We got a few things wrong though (no UH player aid yet, hint, hint). It does become quite fiddly with all the little extras put in.

I wrote up a play report, but so far only in German. In short, the new rules do exactly what they promised, give Conan a much larger and more important role in the game, as well as encouraging earlier player interaction. I want to play again!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent. I enjoyed the base game but that is just what it needed.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hey Ralf, I started making this but there’s a part of it that doesn’t seem to be working for me for some reason. In the player trays, each faction’s Kingdom cards don’t fit in that 47mm wide space without poking over the top of the tray, even on an angle as they are. Am I doing something wrong? They seem to fit OK in your photos.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Oops, indeed, something went wrong there. That should be 52mm and the figures part 129mm. Sorry, I will correct that!

Here is the corrected pdf:
    http://mapsandmore.com/ringkrieg/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/AgeOfConan_Insert_RalfSchemmann_v1_1.pdf

No idea how I got those 5mm wrong!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Oh Ralf, I’ve made all 4 player trays and glued in those bits! Now I know what it’s like when people find a mistake in my plans! 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Yikes! :O

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Of course I do have a ‘check all the measurements first’ proviso which is advice I completely failed to follow in this instance …

8th
    Participant

There’s an old saying… “Do as I say, don’t do as I do!’

For some reason it comes to mind…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.