Home Forums The Storage Room Age of Conan + Adventures in Hyboria Insert

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Talos63 Talos63 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Universal Head
    Keymaster

Tell me, what’s the 35x10mm piece in that card space for?

And with Kickstarter extras like the Hyborian god tokens, it seems to be too close a fit for the token space in each player tray..?

Sorry to sound critical, just fine-tuning this for myself and not all is clear from the pics! 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Please be critical as much as necessary! These can certainly still be improved – I’m still learning this design thing. 😀

The piece is to prop up the cards so I can get them out more easily. Without it, they tended to sink in to low, making it a bit awkward to grab them. I guess with a proper/perfect size of the card space and the separator to the token space, it wouldn’t be necessary.

The token space is fine for me. See here:
    Tokens in the player tray

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Thanks Ralf. I wish I had a bit more space to fit in the cards flat, but that damn ninth city base just takes up that extra bit of space and spoils things somewhat! 🙂

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

My thoughts exactly. It could be all so neat… without the 9th city. 😛

The other concern was that the tray is pretty deep and I didn’t want to peel the last card out of the bottom there. I agree the angled cards are not ideal though. I’m sure you can come up with a better solution!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Finished my insert! I made the card space in each player tray big enough so the cards can sit flat, and the figures still fit. There’s room for the bags with metal coins to sit on top of the figures. Everything else was pretty much the same, though instead of a ribbon under the dice I made the wall with a gap in it.

Thanks for doing the hard yards Ralf!

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing your photos and/or plans. 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

I have received mine as well but haven’t had a chance to play it yet.

Has anyone played a game of Age of Conan with the new expansion?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Not yet, but my updated rules summary is coming tomorrow.

CK Lai
    Participant

Nice! *emoji for 2 thumbs up* 😀

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

I’ve played it once, and it was great fun, though we played some rules wrong. It gets quite fiddly with all the new extras.

For those who read German, or want to use Google translate, my play report is here.

Talos63
    Talos63
    Participant

Thanks so much for posting the plans for this. I was absolutely thrilled with the expansion Kickstarter. The coins are wonderful bling! Definitely draws a lot of ‘oohs and ahhhs’ even from non gamers. It’ll be nice to give everything an organised home in the box!

Viewing 11 posts - 13 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.