Home Forums The Gaming Room Age of Conan Kickstarter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m not usually in the habit of plugging Kickstarter campaigns – oh hell, who am I fooling, of course I am if I’ve backed them, because I want the extra stuff in the stretch goals!

Anyway, the relaunch of Age of Conan by Ares Games is starting to count down, and there are some great stretch goals I’d still love it to meet. I think this was a very underrated game – in fact I like it so much I signed up for another copy of the base game as mine is in storage. It uses the dice system from War of the Ring, is a wonderful example of ‘dudes on a map’ strategy gameplay, and has a really lovely graphic style throughout. And now with this expansion there’s a lot more flavour and meaning to Conan’s wanderings. Add in some optional metal coins (must – have) and it’s a winner.

Recommended.

ozmo
    ozmo
    Participant

I backed this when I saw it. Also ordered the game and it came in yesterday. Looking forward to playing it. Battle of the Five Armies convinced me I wanted this. Well, that and Conan.

I’ll probably back the metal coins and bags. Not sure about the crom & sorcery tokens yet. That’s starting to get pretty pricey.

I also have to balance how much I think it will get to the table. I think my friends will like it. But we like a lot of games but only have time to get some to the table.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Woot, it hit $100K in the last minutes so we nabbed that last stretch goal of 3 extra Conan figures. Excellent.

ozmo
    ozmo
    Participant

Yeah, I’m looking forward to this. While I haven’t played it yet I’ve read through the rules and your summary. It sounds like the kickstarter will add some good stuff.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s a fun game, only a made a little dry by the lack of Conan’s involvement which this expansion should fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.