Home Forums The Workshop Age of Sigmar Cheat Sheet – help handling copyright

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    GingerGiant
    GingerGiant
    Participant

Hi, all!

I played my first game of Age of Sigmar recently, and knew I would benefit from a physical method for tracking the current phase that also listed the most important components of the phases. I developed this google doc:
    Age of Sigmar – Phase Tracker

However, I’m not sure how far I need to go with mentioning Games Workshop’s copyrights and the like. I threw in a quick line in the footer about it. If someone has experience with this, I’d like some feedback to make sure everything about this document is above-board. All the rules are summarized from the Age of Sigmar Rules pdf available free on GW’s website.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi GingerGiant. I’m afraid I can’t give you any real advice on legal matters like copyright, for obvious reasons.

Historically, Games Workshop is not very accommodating with fans posting summaries etc; a while back Boardgamegeek.com removed all of their GW-related files to avoid trouble. I’ve been lucky to not receive any attention, probably because my website is not a commercial concern.

Considering that GW has actually posted the basic rules of AoS online, I imagine that your small summary will not ruffle any feathers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.