Home Forums The Gaming Room Age of Sigmar + Warbands from Underworlds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kvamzi
    Kvamzi
    Participant

I’ve been painting the miniatures from the Warhammer Underworlds core set and two other warbands, and I do find the painting tutorials here on the EOG for Age of Sigmar very handy. And I’m looking forward to the new starter set for Underworlds which includes a Nighthaunt warband. Then I will try the color scheme and blending technique of Mr. UniversalHead, I liked those Nighthaunts a lot, they came out very ghostly 😊

I’ve not taken the plunge into full miniatures gaming yet, but I see that you can use the Underworlds warbands in Age of Sigmar; https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/21/use-your-shadespire-warbands-in-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/
    And after watching the AoS battle report it has become even more tempting to try it out.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hi Kvamsi! Glad you found the tutorials useful. I haven’t yet played Shadespire – I have so many skirmish games it hasn’t really tempted me yet – but it does seem to be popular. And using the figures in AoS certainly is a bonus. It will be interesting to see how they stat the night haunt figures used in Underworlds. I keep an eye out for it!

Kvamzi
    Kvamzi
    Participant

It’s a fun and fast customizable (only cards though) skirmish game. And one of its purposes for GW is to drag noobs into AoS 🙂

I enjoy customizable card games (A:NR, WH:I, AH TCG, SW: Destiny) and miniature board games (DT v1.0, Dreamblade, HS, X-Wing, Claustrophobia) very much and this game covers both aspects, so I just had to try this one out. And since I mostly have games with pre-painted minis I had to try some painting, and it was not that difficult at all. And what got me interested in painting in the first place was actually your tutorial for Mansions of Madness back in the day.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s great to hear. They were my first ever videos – note I didn’t actually appear in them. 🙂

Kvamzi
    Kvamzi
    Participant

Well I do hope that Underworlds will peak your interest when the new starter comes out (maybe already by the end of the month according to the latest rumors), because a game is never complete without a rules summary from the man himself 😉 I have found many great games by just browsing through your rules summaries collection.

I cannot understand why not more game companies hire you to make rules summaries for their games? And if there is a summary in the game made by the company, it’s either in or at the back of the rule book, and it’s never complete enough so you have to look up something in the rulebook anyways. Well I’m glad you have this passion and obsession for games, because it makes this hobby so much more enjoyable 🙂

Keep up the great work good sir, and I’ll keep on supporting the EOG!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I do get hired to do a rules summary now and again but it’s usually for smaller publishers. Larger publishers usually prefer to do everything in-house. Then again, I’ve never launched an organised marketing campaign about it to publishers – perhaps that’s something I’ll get around to doing when other work dries up!

Ahh, I just worked out who you are – thankyou so much for your support mate! It’s really appreciated. Rest assured I’ll keep the good stuff coming. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.