Home Forums The Artist’s Studio Airbrush has changed everything…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I don’t believe that universal head uses an airbrush, which is totally fine. I didn’t use one for a long time.e
    But around my sixth army, I figured “why not?” I’m a big fan of Infinity and I really wanted to achieve all those nice smooth gradients in my terrain.

…all I can say is… wow. My mind is blown. I’m saving time, but more importantly saving money. This is WAY easier than rattle-cans and is honestly saving me a lot of frustration with them. Plus, I can prime in any weather – not an issue for a lot of folks, but an issue for me in Ohio. 😀

I resisted so long, but really, I’m glad I finally gave in. It’s faster, easier, and at least for somethings – basecoating and priming – it feels like an outright upgrade to my old method.

null

null

I know neither of these are amazing but they’re both “good” and took me about 60% of the time they normally would.

Keymaster

I do use an airbrush very occasionally but only for speciality stuff like vehicles. Perhaps I should try it for proming and base coating too! It’s just cleaning the thing that I find annoying…

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

I have finally started painting minis in may and I have an airbrush because a friend recommended starting right away with one. But I have my doubts about using it in my living room/kitchen (no other place) due to the fine dust settling everywhere…so I do not use it atm. Hope to get there someday though 🙂

UthorocUthoroc

I currently have a borrowed airbrush from a friend at my hobby table and tried a few things. Priming with it is definitely great, and next up is a bit of a vehicle/warmachine on which I’ll try to do the base colors with the airbrush too.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

What do you think of the “messy” part? Is overspray really a “problem” or could you do it in the dining room with a bit of paper on the table? I do not have a separate space and could only do it in the living room/dining room area.

Participant

null

null

UthorocUthoroc

@Soulsorceror: I spray at my painting desk in my normal office, with a small cardboard box behind the model. I haven’t noticed any overspray or significant “dirt” around the office – except for the usual stuff. 😀

I think as long as you don’t use it occasionally for a few minis, I think you’d be fine. If I’d be doing it all the time, I’d consider a setup with a filter station like this.

SoulsorcererSoulsorcerer
    Participant

Well…I should just give a try then. Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.