Home Forums The Kitchen All Greek to me…..

This topic contains 25 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 26 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Monolith. Greek gods. Minatures….

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-pantheon

Credit card on standby….

8th
    Participant

After several days pondering, I backed Mythic Battles: Pantheon.

Some painted miniatures in the last update and they look… well… go have a look yourself…

8th
    Participant

There’s some backlash about the scantily dressed sculpts. .. the sphinx in particular, but not many shops sell clothes for half-beast ladies 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

“There’s some backlash about the scantily dressed sculpts”

From Americans who have zero knowledge of Greek mythology? 😉

8th
    Participant

Do you think they go to the louvre, see the Venus de Milo and say “boobies”?

CK Lai
    Participant

If they even know what the Louvre is 😉

I’ve seen backers complain about the amount of flesh shown on the Conan KS… why in the world did they even back that KS? And the amazing thing is: they are perfectly fine if their 5 year old daughter can hack and slash and kill her way through all the scenarios… but heaven forfend she see even the slightest amount of flesh! 😮

8th
    Participant

From what i have seen of Conan KS the character card for Belit reveals an awful lot of flesh. But Conan, along with most fantasy and SF fiction back in the day was a bit racy.

And you’re right. Graphic violence is fine, but a bit of smut outrageous.

CK Lai
    Participant

Conan is known for its violence (gallons of blood, severed heads etc.) and copious nudity (both male and female).

The creators of the game wanted to be faithful to the source material. The backers (not all, but enough) wanted to be SJWs) 😛

8th
    Participant

I had to google SJW… never heard of it. Internet slang is just lazy… regional slang can be interesting.

8th
    Participant

The Artemis sculpt has set them off again. Admittedly the ‘cleavage window’ does look odd, but Parente is the sculptor and so I’m not surprised.

CK Lai
    Participant

It’s remarkably restrained for a Parente concept 😉

If the SJWs knew more about the ancient Greeks they’d freak out. What? Nude olympics??? Nude warriors? Nude this? Nude that??!

😀

8th
    Participant

There’s a scenario for download. nice to see its not just about killing, there are objectives. Not sure about the Manticore, lot of cash for just one monster, but at present I’m planning on buying everything else.

However, I may have to pick and choose if too expensive.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.