Home Forums The Gaming Room Android Netrunner

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by WonderSlug WonderSlug 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

So, moving away from miniatures for a moment, any other Android: Netrunner fans out there? I’ve recently got into the game in a big way because I discovered a regular opponent. So we’re both buying up big on expansions, honing our decks to perfection, and engaged in an arms race of cyberpunk conflict!

I’d always heard how good the game was, but it really only comes into its own when you start to play regularly and get into the deck-building aspect. And the two very different types of play, Corp and Runner, and many different faction styles, keep things interesting. Just an incredibly engaging game really, and there’s a rabbit hole of information to learn about it online.

Cerealkila
    Participant

I absolutely love this game, that is, the gameplay and the theme. I’m not a fan of the constant releases and spending so much time trying to build and test decks but everyone to their own. That said I’ve just bought a single deluxe expansion for the factions I like and used a few pre-built decks from others online.

Other than that minor problem, the game itself really grabs me. The way each side plays a completely different game, how the Corp is all about deception and the runners are trying to exploit weaknesses and push their luck. I love it. Theres a regular Netrunner night at my local game shop so that certainly helps with opponents.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hey Cerealkila – love that avatar by the way. My friend and I have both had to take a big hit and buy up a lot of the expansions in one go, which has been a bit punishing for the wallet. But we’re getting into it so much that we really enjoy the card variety. Though as you say, the amount of choice is getting overwhelming!

I just checked the mail and there were two more packs to add to my collection. 🙂

I find netrunnerdb.com to be very useful for recording my deck builds. And this article was great when I started building decks.

Cerealkila
    Participant

Cheers mate, I love your work. Thanks for the links, that article has wet my appetite for building my own deck

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I jumped into this game about a year ago, and despite the fact that I really only have one opponent, I own every expansion.
    I’m a bit of an anal retentive completionist with these sorts of things. But still, I’ve not built my own deck yet.

Back in my MTG days, I’d spend night after night hunched over stacks of cards trying to squeak out every tiny bit of efficiency and combo sauce I could. My wife would just look at me and say, “you gonna play with your cards tonight?” Boxes in-hand, “Yep. My zombie deck is almost perfect. Found a hole in it today playing against Mark.” We’d play at work during lunch.

With Netrunner, since the card pool is always the same (no card chasing), I just pull decks from online that look fun and try them out. Ricky (my opponent) has built a couple Runner decks (he prefers playing Runner and I prefer Corp), but since I’m the only one who owns the game, it’s difficult for both of us to come to a match night with a new deck for each side. I bought two Core sets, and store the Runner cards in one, Corp in the other. He usually just takes the Runner box home with him.

I’m going to give that article a read and hopefully it’ll encourage me to build. Thanks for the link.

Happy to see there’s some Netrunner fans here. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.