Home Forums The Workshop AT-43 Conversions and Painting

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Dreddnought
    Participant

Grim Golem

Not easy to tell but all figs in this squad have been customized. I couldn’t get the Grim for a reasonable price, so some Storm and Assault Golems got a bit of surgery…and then they became grim.

The blue highlight was originally intended to be an electrical effect of their optical camo module…it didn’t go quite according to my hopes and ended up as a straight blue highlight.

Dreddnought
    Participant

Atis

This is my version of Atis-Astarte. Again too pricy for me to snag one off ebay, so I had to settle for second best.

Dreddnought
    Participant

Grim overseer

Lastly a little bit closer view of the Grim overseer. A little surgery and this turned out to be quite a cool piece. He has an opposite twin that carries 2 nucleus rifles….in charge of a special squad. That’s for later.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

How nice to see AT-43 given some love. Unfortunately my huge collection is in storage at the moment, but one day I hope to film some more battle reports of this great game. Nice conversions and thanks for sharing!

If you’re posting more, why not put them all in the same thread – that way we can check them all out in one go and you can update it in future if you want.

Thanks Dreddnought!

Dreddnought
    Participant

Thanks UH. Absolutely I have more to post…I’ll try to get some more in this weekend. And yes, I’ll keep them to one thread. Not always sure of the best way to do it. Thanks for the guidance.

There’s a few more conversions to come and some painting to help differentiate one group from another….that’s one issue AT-43 could have done a little better with. Hard to tell one group from another with their similar poses and paint jobs. Creates a bit of confusion when your gaming group jumps from one game to another week to week.

I also have rules to support the new pieces, but I’ll see if this generates much interest before boring the socks off anyone with that. For now I will stick to pretty pictures of this too often neglected game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I have a habit of painting the names of units underneath their bases – doesn’t help much in the heat of battle of course, but I find it really helps when you’re choosing armies and setting upo after not having played for a while.

It certainly was, and is, negected. I’ll have more coverage of it when I get my armies out of storage one day.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

These look stunning. Makes me wish I had a chance to paint something like this, but as I am playing fantasy games mostly at the moment I am focusing on them. I am envious of your skill.

Dreddnought
    Participant

Demon

This is the Demon Golgoth conversion. A flying golgoth. The reallocation of bits is fairly obvious with very little added from my spare bits box. Hasn’t been painted yet…..very long line up in the to be painted category.

demon too

Dreddnought
    Participant

goliath

Very straight forward upgrade on the paint job for the assault goliaths

Dreddnought
    Participant

assault goliath

What better use for spare Ninas than to turn them into expensive and hard to find Bane Goliaths

Dreddnought
    Participant

assault golem overseer

This is just another paint job to help distinguish one unit from another. This is the Asault Golem Overseer. I’ve gone with a bit of a red theme to indicate long range units.

assault squad

….and the Assault Golem squad

Dreddnought
    Participant

omega

I did this fella up as a generic Omega Overseer….wish I had enough of them that I could paint all the officer ranks (just one of those things that has made AT-43 a little harder to play than it needed to be).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.