Home Forums The Gaming Room AT-43 up for sale?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

There’s some discussion over at the Dakka Dakka forums about AT-43. It seems that Cyanide is planning to sell the IP.

Of course, the figure molds have long since deteriorated beyond repair, I believe, so this would just be the background concepts.

I hope it isn’t bought by some over-zealous company who then asks me to take down all my AT-43 stuff!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Update: it’s been bought by a small, relatively new Italian company called Labmasu who seem to make MDF terrain and some miniatures.

Wow. The IP must have been … affordable.

From the small amount of info on their Facebook page it looks like they plan to create a new range of miniatures (no plastic, not prepainted) with the IP. How compatible it will be with the old stuff is unknown.

A little disappointing, but then I wasn’t really expecting it to be picked up by a big publisher with deep pockets.

CK Lai
    Participant

Wonder if it will be turned into something unrecognisable from the AT-43 we all know and love?

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

There was a rather strange Q&A on a german site called Brückenkopf. I think it suffert from the fact that the italians are not that fluent in englisch…but we will see what they will do with it. Explanation: Frage means question…Antwort means answer

Frage: Are you planning to invest the several million euro/dollars required to sculpt modular plastic infantry and vehicles, tool steel molds, and launch a prepainted miniatures line? Or will this be something smaller scale, such as a skirmish game, with new infantry sculpts, and no vehicles?

Antwort: Our plan is made all new range no plastic at the moment and no prepainted

Frage: Will it at least match the aesthetics of the originals?

Antwort: Not at all, a lot of legal agreements are needed to do it as it was.
    (Anmerkung: Hier gehen wir von einer falschen Formulierung aus. “Not at all” bedeutet eigentlich “überhaupt nicht”, vermutlich wollte Marco aber sagen “nicht vollständig/nicht in jedem Detail”)

The german anotation speculates that this is a hicup and that that should have been more along the lines of “not completely”.

Frage: Will all the original miniatures still be valid?

Antwort: in this step of the project no, or better, compatible but no more supported

Frage: So this will be AT-43 in name alone?

Antwort: For sure it will not be as well as it was but it will mantains things from the past edition

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Oh…and I read somewhere that the Karmans will be the new bad guys….strange indeed 🙂

CK Lai
    Participant

So … NOT the AT-43 that we currently know and love.

briscoe999
    Participant

@soulsorcerer – thanks for posting that Q&A information…..although it seems rather discouraging with how they are planning to reboot the AT-43 line 🙁

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Well…tbh…I only see some faint hope if they are able to put together high quality minis with a strong narative backround…and the funds to back it properly….so a Kickstarter is a MUST for this projekt. But with those lukwarm answers I have my doubts that they can do it….or even want to. So I am happy enough to have my stuff and some friends that do likewise…so we can play if we want. And to be honest…it has not happend that often in the last couple of years…lets say rules and balancing where not the strong suit of rackham…but I had my rant about some flaws in the last battle report of UH…so I will leave it at that 🙂

We still had fun back then…and thats what counts….and PREPAINTED…hussa!!! 😉

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Read today that there are 2 other possible buyers in the pot….one is firlock games and the 3rd is not known atm…..looks like it will get interesting!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Hmm, personally I wouldn’t have announced anything on my Facebook page before I’d actually got the licence! 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

After those strange answers in the interview I am just glad that there is still hope 😉

Hatamoto
    Participant

Labmasu and firelock both state they didnt aquire the rights to the IP, so that leaves the 3rd unknown actor and no new announcements … Classic Cyanide shenanigans. Back in 2014 they promised to announce the future of AT-43, but of course not a word. Hopefully if/when an announcement is made a company that understand the charms of the original scooped it up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.