Home Forums The Workshop At last, perfect figure storage

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

One of the delights of finally being settled here in NZ is setting up my game room and office. And at last I have a chance to have a decent miniatures storage system. And here it is in progress – an antique plan drawer I’ve had for years, easily converted by cutting thin steel sheets to size and placing them in the drawers.

The only problem is very large figures, but I’m working on that …

Minis storage
    Minis storage
    Minis storage

briscoe999
    Participant

Very Nice!! I am assuming that you are laying down steel sheets because you magnetized ALL the miniatures bases?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Correct! It’s the best way of storing minis I reckon, especially as they have become more detailed and fragile, and getting them in and out of foam can damage them.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

That looks fantastic! Possible to lock 2 drawers together for the bigger minis? What I mean is that you open 2 drawers at once…but one has no bottom..ist just the “fake outside appearence”…so you have two times the hight für minis?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Brilliant, that’s just what I had in mind. I just have to do it in a way that does absolutely minimal damage to my plan drawers.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Not really the pro…but getting the bottom out of the upper drawer…and getting some wooden pins between the 2 front parts…should work 🙂

BTW…looking at the spartan games minis…what do you think about that game?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve enjoyed it the couple of times I’ve played it, but the rulebook is atrocious and the support for the game from Spartan seems virtually non-existent. In fact it seems to have been all but abandoned in favour of their Halo game. There’s a 14 page thread on their forums complaining about the lack of support for the game, and what appears to be a disgraceful lack of communication from Spartan Games about it, though there’s been vague stuff about a ‘rebirth’ for ages – the last news was over a year ago.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Ahhhh, storage. The bane of all us gamers. So nice when you find something that’s both functional and is not a complete eyesore. And I have to say, that looks great. Especially with that War of the Ring: Collector’s Edition on top.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Without fail, anyone who enters the room for the first time asks what that is.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

So what do you tell them? “These are the rules of the game we are playing tonight. Pay attention, because I’m only going to explain them once.”

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Then I hit them over the head with it.

Grifter
    Grifter
    Participant

Well, that’s one way to win a game. Not sure if a concussion is the best way to get them back for a second game though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.