Home Forums The Gaming Room B-seiged vs Orcs Must Die

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  8th 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Two games on Kickstarter that interest me, B-sieged and Orcs Must Die.

The latter ends in a couple of days and the former has just started.

Having watched gameplay video of both I can’t decide.

I don’t want both, so have to choose which to pledge to (if any).

OMD is by Sandy Peterson and I’m wary of his projects given the extremely late delivery of Cthulhu Wars (15 months late I think it was).

Anyone got any thoughts on this subject?

briscoe999
    Participant

To be honest, neither game knocks me off my feet….but if i picked one it would be B-Sieged. (Full Disclosure – I am not pledging for either one).

The artwork/sculpting in Orcs Must Die is a little too cartoony for me. While that issue obviously does not affect game-play, it would be hard for me to get past as it would always bother me.

I am actually waiting for the WarQuest KS re-launch to see if that is something I may want to pledge, as well as the new edition of Mare Nostrum which due to launch its KS in mid-May (MN is returning from being OOP for years).

If I get either of those (or both….Yikes) that will be more than enough especially with the other games I will buying from the OLGS’s.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I went for B-sieged. I’m not a fan of the cartoony look either, and the emphasis on combat seemed a bit boring. B-sieged looked more interesting and I liked the style of the sculpts.

Note how much games are being influenced by video games, especially mobile platform video games, these days?

8th
    Participant

Yeah! I noticed the cartoony sculpts. B-sieged look much better. It was CMON’s sculpts, theme and gameplay that drew me to pledge of Bloodrage.

I may hover between games until last few hours of OMD and see what unlocks for B-sieged (BS seemed an unfair abbreviation for the game)

Jack Romeo
    Jack Romeo
    Participant

I went for B-sieged as well. While I´m enjoying the hell out of Cthulhu Wars and looking forward to the expansions, I found the visuals and minis for Orcs Must Die really off-putting. The visuals seems to all be pulled more or less directly from the computer game, and lacks charm and flair.

B-sieged seems to have nicer minis, and I really like the graphical style of the board, cards and hero dashboards. The game also seems to be a lot more fun.

8th
    Participant

I failed my will save and pledged to B-sieged instead of orcs.

Another KS game intrigue me, Project Elite.

Big fan of the ‘two’ alien films (alien 3 and resurrection don’t exist) and concept+miniatures drew me in.

Then I watched the gameplay video and that put me off. Too much frantic dice rolling for my liking. Periods of thinking followed by 2 minutes of continuous dice rolling is not for me.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Project Elite seems to have also made the classic mistake of including free worldwide shipping. I don’t know how they intend to make a profit by doing that.

8th
    Participant

Greeks are famous for their wise financial policy. Ask the EU!

8th
    Participant

I know it will pick up before the end, but B-sieged is progressing slowly at moment. Possibly result of the complaints about postage with Bloodrage, the american community seems outraged at the price, but I still think I’m getting a good deal considering how many figures I’m getting.

The end of the Conan money problems may be a factor too, as many may be holding on to their dosh for the pledge manager.

CK Lai
    Participant

Re: Project Elite.

Wow. Sounds too good to be true… but they’ve already done 3 other successful Kickstarters and delivered on 1 and are in the process of delivering the 2nd.

Hmmmm… minis… tons and tons of minis…. 😀

8th
    Participant

Not sure about the expansion for B-sieged. Most of the exclusives come with the base game, even the dragon.

Is the expansion worth $60 (assuming buying the extra boards too)?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

pagan8th: They should try getting these things shipped to New Zealand! 🙂 I’m going to give the B-sieged expansion a miss. These days I prefer to see if the base game is good enough first, before buying expansions that will go to retail.
    CK Lai: Lots of plastic, but I’m burnt out on this style of game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.