Home Forums The Gaming Room B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss on its way

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  8th 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Just got the tracking number for this, which was a pleasant surprise (well, ‘phase 1’ of it anyway). Shame it hasn’t received a great review from The Dice Tower. We’ll see!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I didn’t back this one because it feels too blatantly like CMON saying, “Look! We made Ghost Stories, but put way more minis in it.”

I already have Ghost Stories, and love it for it’s simplicity of design.

Curious for your take on this one, though, once you get a few plays under your belt.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I definitely should have had a closer look at it before backing, because I actually don’t enjoy difficult co-op games like Ghost Stories! I was blinded by the figures, it’s a classic mistake …

8th
    Participant

I see the FAQ for B-Sieged addresses the difficulty by adding two easier modes.

Bloody germans… running the ship with my game aground and holding on to it for five days. Can’t trust them… probably using the game for inspiration for their next invasion of france…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I was having a cup of coffee in bed on this fine Saturday morning when a big box arrived by courier and – hip hip hooray! – it was my B-sieged order. I think I might make a Joy of Unboxing video …

8th
    Participant

Salt. Wound. Rubbing.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Ooooo – rub rub – the figures are amazing. Hope it’s a good game. Seriously, the bang for buck ratio with these CMON games is astounding, it makes other games look positively stingy. Though I suppose CMON don’t have to figure in third party distribution etc.

There are some great Kickstarter extras of token replacements in plastic that will be very useful for other games too.

Might try out a solo game today.

razide
    Participant

Great unboxing video as usual.
    The KickStarter “Bang for Buck” compared to some of their retail boxes is fantastic which really drives up participation rates.
    It really makes it an incentive to go down the KS path for their boardgames.

“I was having a cup of coffee in bed on this fine Saturday morning when a big box arrived by courier”
    Saturday deliveries is a rarity in Sydney these days.

8th
    Participant

Big box of B-Sieged arrived today.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I played it last week. It was fun, but ridiculously random, as expected. Which is a dangerous choice for a co-op game, as you can ‘do all the right things’ but still be punished after 2 hours of gameplay by some bad rolls (eg roll the same symbol 3 times and the most powerful evemy, the avatar, comes out, which can stuff up everything). I recommend, on your first game, taking out the avatar rules, the extra units out on the board when the messenger comes back, and also giving everyone 3 Divine Favour tokens. That way you’ll at least feel you have a chance!

8th
    Participant

The FAQ has some suggestions for ‘easy mode’ but I haven’t looked into it yet. May be a while before I get chance to play anything but solo.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yeah, that’s pretty much them.

Unexpected delivery just this moment – the huge box that is Fireteam Zero! Backed that one back in December 2014.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.