Home Forums The Kitchen Batman Gotham City Chronicles

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  The8thPagan 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 31 total)
  • Author

The8thPagan
    Participant

Batman broke kickstarter when it launched, but it’s fixed now.

$140 for the core game plus stretch goals.

$320 for the all in which includes 4 expansions and dice.

Although the 1vs1 mode interests me, not convinced by the Wayne Manor, Arkham Asylum and Batmobile expansions.

It’s funded already and seems about 2:1 ratio in favour of all in pledge for the moment.

I suspect the stretch goals will be more than enough extras to make the game worth the money.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/batmantm-gotham-city-chronicles

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’m really undecided about this one. It’s a serious amount of cash, especially if you go all in, and add the punishing shipping to New Zealand.

The8thPagan
    Participant

I don’t think all in is a bargain. Asylum and Manor almost double price and only add dozen scenarios between them.

briscoe999
    Participant

I am leaning towards Not Backing Batman. I am already pretty heavily invested in Conan (of which I LOVE the theme). Batman looks like a Conan re-skin with some tweaks; and I agree the “All In” for an extra $180 does not seem like you are getting good value for the additional $180.

If anything I may back the core set and maybe get the 1 vs. 1 expansion….but that is a big maybe, as that will still be about $200 with shipping to the USA (which still kind of seems ridiculous). If i do get it, I am absolutely still keeping Conan.

We shall see.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’d never not keep Conan, it’s a brilliant game. I’m not hugely into Batman, but I like the idea of the system being adapted to a more modern theme, with more ranged combat and gadgets.

It’s all getting a bit up there at the moment – I just found out the shipping for the base pledge for Joan of Arc is US$80!

The8thPagan
    Participant

Shipping does seem to be expensive lately.

I saw someone complaining about monolith shipping prices to Brazil, but as I understand it some companies (CMON for one) won’t even ship there because stuff doesn’t make it through postal service. Similar with Russia.

briscoe999
    Participant

$80 Shipping to the USA for the Joan of Arc Base Pledge!!! I was thinking of late pledging for JoA, but I just
    don’t think i can justify that cost. $80 is literally the price of another medium/large size boardgame.

The problem is I am spoiled living in the USA. Alot of the buying I do at online game shops offer free shipping in the USA when you exceed $100 or so. So anytime I have to pay ANY shipping costs for games, I am quite annoyed!

The8thPagan
    Participant

I think Kickstarter shipping should be free anyway. They earn interest on our money for a year at least.

And it’s generally cheaper to buy games at retail and some UK retailers ship free if I spend £20 or more.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Get this – if I add two add-ons it jumps to US$152 shipping! Feeling very discouraged about the cost of this hobby lately.

The8thPagan
    Participant

I know that free shipping is unlikely, but when shipping hits 30+% it becomes hard to justify.

UK shipping not usually too bad, but it seems that NZ in particular suffers.

My advice to you… Pledge $1… Wait for the pledge manager… If shipping too high… You lose $1

briscoe999
    Participant

With the recent KS hype of the Batman game, I decided to bust out my Conan game to play (it was dormant on my shelf for quite a while).

OMG, I forgot how GOOD this game is!! I bought the King pledge during its KS along with several KS exclusive small add-ons.

I did not get any big box add-ons, but i think i am going to take the plunge and purchase some of them! (Maybe start with Nordheim and Kitai)

To be honest, even though this system can be applied to alot of different themes – I just think it works SO WELL with the Conan theme. I am not convinced that it is going to port over to the Batman theme and work just as good. Batman is looking less and less like a purchase for me.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Conan, despite its many issues, is the best skirmish game in a box I have. The system is brilliant. I’ve since bought one expansion and plan to get more, though they’re painfully expensive.

I’m still very undecided about Batman, especially after forking out so much for Time of Legends: Joan of Arc.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.