Home Forums The Kitchen Batman Gotham City Chronicles

This topic contains 30 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  8th 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

I missed out on Conan…and I do like Batman. So I will see on the last 48 hours what on the table and then decide…atm I lean towards backing but not an all-in.

Dylan
    Dylan
    Participant

I love Conan but don’t have it, so this one is extremely tempting. I’m not mad on the theme but I like it enough that it will be a fun world to explore I think. Adding the tech gadgets and more modern campaign options has potential.

I’m just balking on price currently. But I suspect I’ll end up getting the base game plus Wayne Manor (just because I really like the look of the board included, and 1vs1 Player Addons. The Asylum board doesn’t grab me and the batmobile seems unnecessary. However, that will still be pricy…

8th
    Participant

Might be time for me to drop out of Batman…

It’s Batcow that is pushing me over the edge… a cow in a cape… because some moronic fanboys pestered monolith about it.

And the selection of villains they unlocked are obscure….

Tusk?
    Doc Death?
    Black Mask?
    Mr Bloom?
    Firefly?
    Talon?
    Manbat?

Next up… Killer Moth?

Who the hell are they?

Some obscure ‘heroes’ too.

Bluebird?
    Harvey Bullock?
    Orphan?
    Red Hood?

But a cow in a cape….

So my advice is as follows…

1) Buy some Batman heroclix…

2) Wait for monolith to make a botch of the rules and scenarios so they reprint them as a pdf on their website…

3) Screen capture an unboxing to get images of the hero/villain tiles.

4) Download the maps from their website (they have posted all Mythic Battles ones)

5) And wait for the Universal Head to make a game guide 🙂

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I don’t mind them throwing in some joke mini – though it’s a pretty one-note joke – and I’m not a close follower of the comics so I’m not worried about the characters. But I still can’t quite bring myself to press the Buy button. It’s a lot of money for a rethemed Conan.

8th
    Participant

I’ve dropped to $1 for updates.

Unless something spectacular happens in last 4 days I’ll have the $1 back.

I’d probably be more interested in X-Men (I was long time comic fan) or Avengers (because of the movies).

The batman stuff I know only from movies, Adam West TV and console games.

briscoe999
    Participant

About a week into the KS I pretty much decided that I am not backing Batman for a few reasons. The main reasons are I already have Conan and love it and the high price of Batman. I dont know, the more I look at the Batman KS page, the more o.k. I am with not backing it.

8th
    Participant

Found another reason to drop out… UK unfriendly after Brexit. I’m not going to get screwed on import fees.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That sucks.

8th
    Participant

I suspected a downside of becoming an outcast country would lead to import taxes. Guess that means I buy British or wait for retail.

Might be a good thing. Makes me think how much I want something.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I’m currently backing as “all in”, not because I’m a huge fan of Batman, but mostly because I missed Conan, and I’m a slightly bigger fan of Batman / Super hero stuff than Conan anyway.

Reason I’m currently all in is the base game’s two boards…double sided sure, but two boards.

For the Conan people here. Is two boards going to be enough variety to make this game last a little while and stay interesting? Will adding more boards add a worthwhile amount of variety to it, or is two really enough?

Also, I admit, ashamedly, I’ve got a case of FOMO (Fear of missing out) if I don’t grab everything now, seeing as this is a Kickstarter only game, which is really frustrating. I don’t like that model. I think it’s a cop out. If your game is good, send it to the market to sell it like everything else. So I’m kinda torn actually. I don’t want to miss out on stuff I wouldn’t otherwise be able to get if I end up really liking it. But at the same time, I feel like I’m going to have the loads of boxes of minis laying around that I’ll never get around to playing if the game ends up being a turd. Or more likely, the game is OK, but I’ve still got boxes of minis laying around, because a complete game exists in the Core box, and adding all the ancillary stuff is just too bothersome (see the endless Zombicide add-ons). AND WHY IS THERE A F*CKING T-REX!?

Anyway….I think typing this message actually helped me decide. Leaning toward dropping to a Core only pledge and seeing how the game goes. If I like it, surely there will be secondary market for it down the road. You know there’s going to be people buying these just to flip after all.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I just typed a reply, but I don’t see it. Where is it?

This is sort of a test message.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Well, that one showed up. But my previous one, message #16648, is not there. When I try to type it again it says the reply already exists.

Peter!! HALP!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.