Home Forums The Kitchen Batman Gotham City Chronicles

This topic contains 42 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Universal Head 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 37 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Just did that…and boy am I torn right now. Although that review was a bit overboard on the funny side…man was that a terrible review. I almost cancelled my pledge right after watching it. Is it really that bad with the rules,set up and balance? I think I neither have the nerves nor the space to have a gigantic mediocre game that might feel more like a chore on my shelves.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It’s hard to say mate, as I’ve only played 4 games. So far I think Conan is the better game, as every game I’ve played of it has been fun. The Batman games have been ‘that was a bit frustrating, but it will be better when I get to know the scenario better’. I think they could have erred on the side of a bit of ‘bash up the bad guys’ more rather than ‘maximise everything to win this scenario’, certainly.

I think I’m going to experiment with giving the good guys one more turn so the timing isn’t so tight.

The versus game we played was actually a bit more fun, as we had relatively equal forces and we were both using the same system, so there wasn’t as much penny-pinching with energy cubes.

Don’t worry about the rules, I’ll eventually make a rules summary and reference that will sort all that out, though it‘s a big job!

My final, carefully considered advice? Cancel your pledge and give the Esoteric Order of Gamers Patreon page the money instead. Let‘s face it, which gives you more constant gaming enjoyment? 🙂

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Still not sure. Looks great…I like the theme. The price is good for the amount of stuff. But will I have time to play it often? It takes up a lot of space. I am still pondering if I should sell my just arrived Joan of Arc just for the same reasons….and the fact that I am a bit disappointed about the detail on the wings of the Dragon that I was looking forward to.

briscoe999
    Participant

I just watched the SUSD video, and for me it is clear that I do not need Batman in my collection (I was torn during the KS, and I ended up passing on it).

I own the Conan King Pledge with a bunch of extras, and having that game is more than enough (plus Conan games are scarce compared to Batman/comic character games).

Universal Head
    Keymaster

You know I might check out the Batman miniatures game as well – surely I have enough Batman minis now to play it! Interesting how superior the Knight minis are.

Rules here.

Soulsorcerer
    Soulsorcerer
    Participant

Did not back it after all. With “Joan of Arc” and “OKKO” came a ridiculously huge game and a huge game…and I decided that I have enough stuff I have not had time to play yet…and even more stuff I haven’t really played more then once or twice…so spending more money and another ridiculous KS is nonsense. Reason over shiny Syndrom…I am a bit proud of my 😉

Knight minis have been famous for their quality…if they come in a perfect cast…which they more often than not did not. Not sure they gotten better with that since they changed material…last year I think. But do you not need cards from the minis to play…or are they also free to download?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Probably a god idea if you already have Conan. Don’t know about the Knight cards—to be honest, I probably don’t have time for another tabletop miniatures game anyway!

Viewing 7 posts - 37 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.