Home Forums The Gaming Room Better than socks…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kf4mat 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

8th
    Participant

Ok… so the fat guy has been to see the worthy gamers and dropped things off.

You must have had something better than socks…

I had Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game (which admittedly I requested, but asking a non-gamer to buy you a game without specifying what is just asking for trouble).

Played through the tutorial and first adventure so far as a solo. Made plenty of mistakes and lost the first adventure, but you can continue anyway… just means there’s no cool loot to find in the next adventure.

First impressions are fine, but it really needs an FAQ badly… and a rules summary ๐Ÿ™‚

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Iโ€™ve got a copy on its way. ๐Ÿ™‚

8th
    Participant

Did your finger slip again?

Universal Head
    Keymaster

No. Fully intentional, pre-meditated click that one. ๐Ÿ™‚

CK Lai
    Participant

Saw a copy of the game yesterday… made my finger itch something fierce… ๐Ÿ˜›

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Oooooo. I’m interested in that one as well.

As for myself, my lovely wife added two TAG units to my steadily growing Infinity collection, the Nomad Iguana and the PanO Jotums. Also Fury of Dracula 3rd edition (which was really fun on my first play) and some Android Netunner play mats (2) because she wants me to teach her to play! WIN!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Received WQ Card Game and I must admit Iโ€™m a bit tired of seeing the same old mechanics crop up again and again in FFG games. Very much feels like a simplified LOTR LCG with a bit of Space Hulk Death Angel thrown in. Iโ€™m sure it will be good for the occasional solo diversion but nothing particularly new. This is just an inital impression though.

8th
    Participant

I have LOTR LCG too find that quite a challenge at times. The explore in WF does work like the LOTR system, but the smaller number of cards and limited options makes WF a quicker game.

Never really expected too much from WF though, but I’m a fan of the Old World from way back and was looking fora reminder.

Thinking about buying FFG version of Warhammer role-play when it’s back in stock. Second hand prices are still a bit steep and if I’m paying that much I might as well have new.

kf4mat
    Participant

Admittedly I actual did get socks, I’m thinking they must be the modern day version of coal. Got the big 5-0 coming up on the 17th but don’t expect anything for that game or otherwise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.