Home Forums The Gaming Room Black Orchestra

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

Hey UH – i saw your tweet that you backed the upgraded 2nd Edition of this game. I had never heard of it before today.
    What do you know about it? Are you taking a chance on it based on what you have heard or have you played it already?

It seems quite interesting after I read what it is based on.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I’ve had my eye on it for a while. I find the historical theme very interesting and I also really like the graphic design. I was very excited when I found out they were Kickstarting a new edition just as I wanted to get it.

And to my great delight the graphic designer contacted me after I’d backed it and offered me high-res assets for my summary, as well as asking my help with proofing. Believe it or not this is, I think, the first time a publisher has contacted me without prompting to ask me if I want artwork to do a summary. I was chuffed.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

That’s a tough topic – I doubt I could enjoy it as a game, but very interesting and indeed very good graphic design.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It is, but then the same could be said for any WWII (or any war) game, perhaps. I’ve heard however that the subject treated with extensive research and historical accuracy – if it was sensationalised or cheapened, I wouldn’t be interested.

Uthoroc
    Uthoroc
    Participant

In fact it is similar for me for any WWII games. Just a bit too close for my comfort because of family history. Not a big deal and I don’t begrudge anyone enjoying these games; it’s just that the theme is a bit too serious for me to fully enjoy as a game.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Completely understandable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.