Home Forums The Gaming Room Blood Rage on KS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

briscoe999
    Participant

I just wanted to find out if anyone is backing this game on Kickstarter. I myself already spent a small fortune on the Conan Kickstarter; but the Viking minis for this game look amazing (looks like similar quality to Conan).

To be honest, I found the hour long video on this game hard to watch (with the players laughing very loudly and the whole thing “feeling” forced). I only got though about ten minutes of it.

It certainly looks to be a fair amount cheaper than Conan……and now the people at Conan are saying they are doing a crossover scenario in the Nordheim expansion than would use the Viking minis.

They are really tempting me…..but if the gameplay is subpar, I dont know if the minis alone would be worth it.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Yes, I have! I know, I’m a complete sucker for thematic games with lots of figures. There are some well known professionals involved (including game designer Eric M. Lang) and the figures look great.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

You’re right about the video – I got as far as them working out which hospital they were born in that was furthest north and I couldn’t stand it any longer. Looks like a lot of people in the comments agree.

briscoe999
    Participant

OK, I am REALLY trying to get through the video (it is tough watching). I am watching it in 5-10 minute intervals. If you can stand suffering through watching the players – it looks as if this might be a pretty good area control game. If i can make it through the whole video – i will let you guys know what i think.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

I’m in. CoolMiniOrNot, Eric Lang AND Studio McVey? Umm. Yes. Auto buy for me.

briscoe999
    Participant

I backed it as well. I ended up getting through the entire video. Actually, the players “hamming it up” which I found very annoying early on in the video gets noticed less as the video goes on. I was able to focus more on the gameplay, and from what i saw so far – it looks quite good. The minis are obviously fantastic, and the value for the core game seemed good with all the stretch goals (Gods, shamans, extra clan, etc.).
    I am looking forward to it!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s a relief, because I signed up!

8th
    Participant

Kickstarter is evil.

I only signed up for Thunderbirds. Well that and the fact that Shadows of Brimstone cost so much to buy when I could have got such a bargain if I had pledged for it.

But kickstarter wanted more. It lured me in with Bloodrage so now I have loads of Vikings and monsters to paint later this year.

And then someone mentioned Conan. So I looked and was jealous of those that pledged before it closed.

And then I heard that Monolith were letting anyone into the pledge manager, so now I am waiting for that to be released.

Kickstarter is evil!

Universal Head
    Keymaster

It is evil! 🙂

Case in point, there’s a new Deadzone kickstarter. Not only are Mantic producing a couple more factions (in hard plastic this time instead of that atrocious restic they used before), and some more scenery, but they’re rewriting the rules and fixing up all the things that – some might cynically say – should have been addressed when the original game was released.

I do wonder sometimes if Kickstarter can be too much of a temptation for cash grabbing and that some games would benefit from a little more time cooking in the pot before they’re released to the world. A rules set shouldn’t need a re-release only one year after its original release (and I’m a bit unimpressed by the new ‘skaven in space’ faction).

I think I have to sit and wait for a bit to see if this one turns out to be worth backing.

8th
    Participant

Know what you mean. Watching Deadzone myself. Skaven were lame to begin with. Space skaven are even lamer. In space no one can hear you squeak!

There’s a game called Nova Aetas that is on KS for second time. Has some great looking miniatures.

It was funded with a stretch goal and has now drifted below funding. Not sure what happens there. I suspect it will lose more backers as we all like free stuff, which is what stretch goals are.

Computer industry has been releasing rushed product with bugs for years to cash in. Kickstarter merely allows other mediums to exploit it.

I will be sticking with reputable companies with a solid track record, which is a shame for the small fish which is what KS is really out there for.

Bloodrage has given me an idea for an RPG system and setting that I will inflict on my friends. Most GM’s dream of publishing their own game, but I suspect that if I finish it and tried to publish on KS, I would be one of the little fish with shattered dreams.

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

Veer-Myn…

Really?…

That’s what they came up with, huh?

nice…

Universal Head
    Keymaster

I really appreciate that Mantic is the ‘poor man’s Games Workshop’, but in my humble opinion, they need to hire some more talented, creative people and set themselves apart more. Especially concept artists and writers, but that goes for sculptors too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.