Home Forums The Workshop Bremic's Imperial Assault Journey

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Universal Head 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

After stea… researching techniques from Sorastro’s Painting guides, I took a stab at my Stormtroppers over the weekend.

Due to a house re-organization, I hadn’t had access to my painting area for months, so I had not done anything in ages. This was my third miniature painting attempt, and my first in about six months. Not as snazzy as many I have seen online, but I am very happy and I definitely consider them “table ready”.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Nice one!

WonderSlug
    WonderSlug
    Participant

nice job!

Keep posting as you finish more. 🙂

razide
    Participant

Good work. They should look great on the table top.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

I have now finished the Probe Droids and added them to the album.

While Sorastro’s guide said to go for black for the lenses, I decided to try for a dark purple to get that lens colour. I mixed my darkest purple with some black, but it still didn’t quite work.

I am not upset by this, we learn my doing and mine will be different.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Nice. I’ve started on painting my set now. I must admit I’m not overly impressed by the quality of the minis now I see them up close, so I’ll just be giving them a relatively pretty quick boardgame-quality paintjob. Sorastro is really getting the most out of them with his incredibly detailed work, but I think I’ll reserve that level of effort for things like Hell Dorado figures!

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

I am using Sorastro’s guides as a way of learning technique and practising my skills without having to worry too much about going down the wrong path. So far so good, having just watched the Nexu video, I am terrorfied about how much effort those are going to take, but looking forward to getting that far in my journey.

Bremic
    Bremic
    Participant

Just finished the Royal Guard and the E-Web Engineers.

Again, because I am following Sorastro’s guides, there is nothing particularly special here; but for me I am learning a lot, and I am very happy with how they are coming out. They look great on the table, and for me that is the perfect outcome.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

That’s all that matters! Apart from being great general painting tutorials, Sorastro takes the opportunity of explaining a range of different techniques. They really are beautifully done videos, especially useful for beginners.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.