Home Forums The Gaming Room Conaaaannnn…!!!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CK Lai 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)
  • Author

CK Lai
    Participant

What is best in life?

Aside from your wife about to deliver your very first child, having a box full of goodness being dumped on your doorstep after almost 2 years of waiting! And so the adventure begins!

The Pictish Village.

Conan in his element: surrounded and outnumbered… the poor fools! 😀

So how’s the game? As noted by a number of backers: the rulebook is lacking (lots of gaps in the rules) but the game itself is solid, since the mechanics been playtested to death for more than 2 years.

The components overall are very good (with some slight uneveness in the quality) but the vast majority of the minis are excellent. Not quite up to Blood Rage/The Others standard… but close.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve a bunch of adventures to go play!

PS. Anyone else back this KS?

8th
    Participant

I considered late backing, but decided not to. Wasn’t sure I’d get to use it much and it was another 1 vs many when I was tired of being GM.

CK Lai
    Participant

Yeah. I have hopes though, now the FFG has shown the way with their Descent and MoM apps. Maybe Monolith can do something similar with the forthcoming Conan app (i.e. Turn a 1 vs many game into a co-op/solo with no Overlord).

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Excellent, hoping to get my copy soon!

CK Lai
    Participant

Looking forward to your unboxing UH, as there’s a TON of stuff in there to rival The Others! 🙂

Your rules summary, though, is going to be tricky since Monolith are still fleshing rulebook v.2.0….

briscoe999
    Participant

Here in the States, I am eagerly awaiting my copy…..

8th
    Participant

It’s available for pre-order in UK and has release date of November 30th.

I’m very tempted now…. especially as I just received final proof of Conan RPG that I backed on kickstarter.

8th
    Participant

Oops! Seems I bought it. I know missing some kickstarter extras, but cheaper than backing the kickstarter when I would have gone nuts on add ons probably.

CK Lai
    Participant

KS “freebie” stretch goals aren’t really free unless they hit stratospheric amounts like Conan did. That Thaug ‘bigature’ alone would easily cost $30-$40 RRP.

That said, “The Others” was still insane value for the price of a pledge.

8th
    Participant

Conan retail box arrived today. Contacted monolith about the damaged miniature of a guardsmen (he has a broken stick instead of pole arm ).

I see why there are complaints about rules. Not the best.

I presume the two ring tokens are for the ‘aura’ spells, but couldn’t find a mention of them in the rules.

And the character sheets with their ‘skill symbols’ are a pain. Would be better to have a text description that does not require looking up on reference table. I’ll probably scan, edit and reprint as A5 sheets.

Any idea when revised rules will be made available?

Or more importantly… when EOG rules reference will appear?

CK Lai
    Participant

Despite the less-than-stellar rules, I’ve managed to play 5 games more or less correctly… (more correctly the more I play it, haha) and had a blast every time. So did those who played the heroes… despite not quite managing to win the 1st scenario.

So don’t let the rule book let you down. It’s actually the CARDS that are the problem and I seriously hope Monolith will reprint the cards with better and corrected translations. Imagine Conan’s Wallbreaker skill omitting the crucial info that he can only break down WOODEN walls and doors. 😛

“Any idea when revised rules will be made available?”

French Rule Book 2.0 supposedly mid-November and English end November. Then all backers get a free printed 2.0 rulebook. But I’d much rather get 2.0 as a PDF and get the corrected cards.

I’m afraid the EOG Rules reference can’t appear until Monolith has worked out all the kinks in the rulebooks and cards.

8th
    Participant

Was the plastic scenery (chests and stuff) free as part of kickstarter?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.