Home Forums The Gaming Room Conaaaannnn…!!!!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CK Lai 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    8th
    Participant

Bit disappointed in miniatures, especially the light grey ones. They look a bit ‘smooth’ and lacking detail.

Hoping Mythic Battles are better quality.

Universal Head
    Keymaster

Still waiting for mine, should be any day now.

I will never, repeat never, understand why companies can’t get rules right. It is the most important thing in the bloody box, and yet so often they cut corners and use amateurs to write and design them.

8th
    Participant

Weird that French rules stuffed as well as English. You’d think they’d get native tongue right.

But rules written by people that know the game can make too many assumptions for novices to the game. That’s why often easier to learn a game by playing with someone who knows rather than rules.

Even with EOG rules reference I still make mistakes and forget things.

CK Lai
    Participant

“Was the plastic scenery (chests and stuff) free as part of kickstarter?”

Yes. But it will be an add-on for retail buyers.

“Bit disappointed in miniatures, especially the light grey ones. They look a bit ‘smooth’ and lacking detail.”

Heh. Big controversy over at BGG. Bottom line: details pop when most of them are primed. Sadly, it can’t be denied that a few minis do lack details, but it’s nothing to do with the plastic and all about the original sculpts. Main culprits : King Conan’s lion and Zelata’s wolf. May be a few others but I’ve not yet looked into the SG box.

“I will never, repeat never, understand why companies can’t get rules right. It is the most important thing in the bloody box, and yet so often they cut corners and use amateurs to write and design them.”

Rules were written by game designers that made too many assumptions. Nice if you have the game designer next to you to teach you the game. Not so nice if you are a retail or KS backer.

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.